06 Mar Being a good listener is important no matter what path in life you take.? One of the best ways to ‘study’ music is by repeated listening.? You probably have a favorite book, movie, or
Being a good listener is important no matter what path in life you take. One of the best ways to "study" music is by repeated listening. You probably have a favorite book, movie, or song you like to listen to over and over again. When you repeat that activity you are able to pick up on something you might have missed the first time. It is through repeated encounters that we gain familiarity and appreciation.
How to listen
1st time: Actively listen to the piece. Be Still and Be Quiet, No distractions!
2nd time: Listen and follow along with the provided listening guide from the module.
Next: Think about questions in your journal entry from what you have just heard
3rd time: Listen and fill out the entry form below while listening and reflecting.
Rules and Requirements for Journal
A. You will need to fill out 2 separate journal entries from the list below. (Blank Journal Entry Form)
- Focus Compositions of the Renaissance 2 must be from the Focus compositions or listening guides in this module.
- Erlkönig, by Franz Schubert
- Mazurka in F minor, Op. 7, no. 1, by Fryderyck Chopin
- Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2, by Franz Liszt
B. Journal Entry: In each Journal entry fill out the following information
- Time Period:
- Purpose of the piece or what is the piece about:
- Reflection: See directions "C" below on how to answer each prompt.
C. Answer at least 3 of the reflection prompts. Back up each reflection prompt using musical terms and examples. Points will be taken off if you just answer the question in a bullet point without explaining or giving music examples of what led you to your answer. Each prompt should be at least 2-3 sentences.
- What is the main message or mood of this music, based on your listening experience?
- Which music aspects work together to provide the message you heard?
- What changes seem to happen as the music moves forward? In these changes, what things do you notice about the message of the music?
- Do any of the changing music elements add to the emotion you feel in this music or the message, mood, idea, or storyline?
- Does the music remind you of anything? Back up with musical examples.
2. Click Terms to use Download Terms touse for more examples of using terms when reflecting on the music. Also see Modules 1-3 for more terms to use when reflecting on the music.
3. You will have up to 2 attempts and can resubmit. See rubric for grading.
Example: Use for each Journal entry
Composition: String Quartet in D major, Op. 20, no. 4 (I: Allegro di molto)
Time Period: Classical
Genre: string quartet
Purpose of the piece or what is the piece about: (Is there a purpose, was it written for something or about something?):
The string quartet was written for entertainment. It is designed for a small more intimate feel between musicians and the audience.
Reflections examples: Use musical terms (See below) and back up your thoughts with details of the music.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteEdu. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Fill in all the assignment paper details that are required in the order form with the standard information being the page count, deadline, academic level and type of paper. It is advisable to have this information at hand so that you can quickly fill in the necessary information needed in the form for the essay writer to be immediately assigned to your writing project. Make payment for the custom essay order to enable us to assign a suitable writer to your order. Payments are made through Paypal on a secured billing page. Finally, sit back and relax.
Do you need help with this question?
Get assignment help from WriteEdu.com Paper Writing Website and forget about your problems.
WriteEdu provides custom & cheap essay writing 100% original, plagiarism free essays, assignments & dissertations.
With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.