06 Mar Student Learning Objectives (SLOs) for BA109: 1. Students will define Human Resource Development (HRD), distinguish between HRD and human resource management (HRM), and describe how H
Student Learning Objectives (SLOs) for BA109:
1. Students will define Human Resource Development (HRD), distinguish between HRD and human resource management (HRM), and describe how HRD can be linked to the goals and strategies of an organization.
2. Students will discuss the purpose and advantages of conducting a needs assessment, describe the five steps that can be used to conduct a task analysis, and explain how to identify individual performance deficiencies and developmental needs in HRD programs.
3. Students will write training objectives for a specific program or HRD intervention, identify several sources outside one’s own organization where HRD programs could be obtained, and compare the relative merits of developing an HRD program in-house versus purchasing it from an outside source.
4. Students will discuss the content, outcomes, and process of organizational socialization, state the challenges faced by new employees entering an organization, the things they need in order to be successful, and the characteristics of an effective orientation program.
5. Students will identify basic workplace competencies, the role of apprenticeship programs in today’s work environment, a typical technical skills training program, interpersonal skills training program, and professional development.
6. Students will define coaching and performance management, and explain how to analyze employee performance, and the steps involved in coaching to improve poor performance.
7. Students will explain the need for employee counseling in organizations, why counseling is an HRD activity, and the typical activities included in employee counseling programs.
8. Students will define the term career, explain the roles involved in career management and development, and describe how models of life and career development enhance our understanding of careers.
9. Students will explain specific ways that management development can be linked to organizational goals and strategies, and the options and trends in management education.
1. Select a person to interview that has been with their employer for at least one year AND has had experience with training or employee development provided by their employer. This can be a family member, friend, neighbor, etc. This person must be familiar with their employer and the training that occurred, and be willing to share that information with you, so that you have sufficient information to complete this assignment. You will not need to include their name, but will need to include information about the company and the training program.
2. Interview the person you select and ask them the following questions. Take notes on their responses, as you will need to submit these as a reference. Interview Questions:
a. What is the name of your employer? What is your job title? How long have you been with this employer?
b. Tell me about a training that you have been a part of through your employer. Overall, did you find the training helpful? Why or why not?
c. Did your employer explain how the training tied to the overall goals and strategies of the employer? If yes, how was that done? If no, do you believe that would have been beneficial? (SLO 1)
d. Why was the training conducted? Was there a big need for it? (SLO 2)
e. What were the objectives of the training, from what you can remember? Do you feel that these objectives were met? (SLO 3)
f. Tell me a little about any training for new employee orientation that was provided when you were first hired. Was that successful to help orient you to your new employer? Why or why not? (SLO 4)
g. What other type of training does your workplace offer? What are other employees' general view of the training – do they welcome it, think it's a waste of time, etc.? (SLO 5)
h. How are performance reviews done at your employer? How often do you receive a performance review? Who conducts it? Tell me why you think the performance review is helpful or not helpful to you in your job. (SLO 6)
i. Does your employer offer an employee counseling / employee assistance program? How is it viewed by employees? How do employees go about utilizing it? (SLO 7)
j. What tools does your employer provide for career development? Can you tell me more about career growth and development at your organization? (SLO 8)
k. Does your employer have goals that tie to employee or management training? How does your employer put those goals into action? (SLO 9)
l. Student: Come up with your own question to ask your interviewee.
>Give a summary and analysis of your interview (including the name of the employer) and tie the interview comments to our course SLOs. Provide a summary of the person's comments, and tie back their comments to what you have learned about Human Resource Development and the nine SLOs covered in our course.
>If you were this employer, state one thing you would do to strengthen their human resource development programs.
>Your paper should convey a strong understanding of the SLOs and Human Resource Development.
>Type up the interview comments for questions #a-l, and include these at the end of your paper as a reference. The interview comments do NOT count toward your 2-3 page paper, they are simply a reference.
Remember to check your grammar and spelling, and use paragraphs to break-up your thoughts. Include references where used and remember that the majority of your paper should be in your own original thoughts and wording. You will be graded on providing in-depth critical thinking and support for your responses, clearing addressing the assignment objectives, and using correct grammar and spelling so that your paper flows well and can be easily read and understood. See grading rubric below.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteEdu. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Fill in all the assignment paper details that are required in the order form with the standard information being the page count, deadline, academic level and type of paper. It is advisable to have this information at hand so that you can quickly fill in the necessary information needed in the form for the essay writer to be immediately assigned to your writing project. Make payment for the custom essay order to enable us to assign a suitable writer to your order. Payments are made through Paypal on a secured billing page. Finally, sit back and relax.
Do you need help with this question?
Get assignment help from WriteEdu.com Paper Writing Website and forget about your problems.
WriteEdu provides custom & cheap essay writing 100% original, plagiarism free essays, assignments & dissertations.
With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.