09 Mar For the project in this course, you will examine a specific topic in globalization, such as an issue or event, and how it impacts individuals and society. You will demonstrate your abili
For the project in this course, you will examine a specific topic in globalization, such as an issue or event, and how it impacts individuals and society. You will demonstrate your ability to think critically, investigate, and communicate clearly. You will critically analyze your project topic through social, historical, and theoretical approaches to globalization as well as the general education lenses: history, humanities, natural and applied sciences, and social science.
For this assignment, you will finalize your choice of topic and begin to collect the required elements for your analysis. This assignment requires you to gather reliable evidence from varied sources and use them to introduce your topic effectively. All these elements will prepare you to complete the project, where you will need to use evidence to support your points.
For this activity, you will write a short paper introducing a globalization topic of your choice. You may use the topic that you worked with in the previous activity or choose a new topic now that you have reflected further. Review the module resources and the instructor feedback you received on the previous activity. Then, if needed, visit the IDS 401 Library Guide for guidance on how to select and narrow a topic. If you are selecting a new topic, do some preliminary research to ensure that you can address each of the required elements of your project. Please remember that you will not be able to change your topic after the end of this module.
You should begin to gather the sources you will integrate into your project. These sources will include two resources from the module resource sections of this course and two resources that you find through your own research using the Shapiro Library. It may be beneficial to identify more than the number of sources required for the project so that you can eventually choose the most useful and credible ones.
You are not required to answer each question below the rubric criteria but may use them to better understand the criteria and guide your thinking.
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
- Integrate reliable evidence from varied sources throughout your paper to support your analysis.
- It is important to draw from a more diverse pool of perspectives from varied sources to support the analysis. This is different from the Citations and Attributions rubric criterion.
- Reliable evidence from varied sources should be interwoven throughout the paper itself, while citing and attributing sources will be represented as APA in-text citations and a reference list at the end of your work.
- You will be evaluated on both criteria.
- Describe a social global issue/event related to globalization issues. Include information such as the origin of the issue and what it is about.
- What main points should you include about your topic? What other details are needed to ensure a thorough description?
- Describe a population significant to your topic. Include information such as demographics, cultural practices, social identity, and key challenges.
- Examples could include a population who is directly impacted by the topic, a group that works with those directly impacted, or a group that is hostile towards the topic.
- Assess how society impacts the chosen topic.
- What examples clearly illustrate how the larger global society has impacted the issue or event?
- Explain your choice of one general education interdisciplinary lens for analyzing your topic.
- What made you choose one lens over the others? Was it an easy decision? Why or why not?
- Construct a thesis statement that combines your topic, population, cultural situation, and choice of general education interdisciplinary lens.
- Your thesis statement should clearly and concisely state the relationships between your topic, population, cultural situation, and lens. It acts as a hypothesis proposing how these elements will work together during your critical analysis.
What to Submit
Submit your short paper as a 1- to 2-page Microsoft Word document with double spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and one-inch margins. Sources should be cited according to APA style. Consult the Shapiro Library APA Style Guide for more information on citations.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteEdu. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Fill in all the assignment paper details that are required in the order form with the standard information being the page count, deadline, academic level and type of paper. It is advisable to have this information at hand so that you can quickly fill in the necessary information needed in the form for the essay writer to be immediately assigned to your writing project. Make payment for the custom essay order to enable us to assign a suitable writer to your order. Payments are made through Paypal on a secured billing page. Finally, sit back and relax.
Do you need help with this question?
Get assignment help from WriteEdu.com Paper Writing Website and forget about your problems.
WriteEdu provides custom & cheap essay writing 100% original, plagiarism free essays, assignments & dissertations.
With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.