09 Mar Read the articles on journaling and review the template provided. Identify what approach, to journaling, in the articles you found useful and why. Post to the discussion forum that y
- Read the articles on journaling and review the template provided.
- Identify what approach, to journaling, in the articles you found useful and why.
- Post to the discussion forum that you have reviewed the journaling materials and what you learned, based on the articles.
- Journal writing tips are provided in the Internship Course Resources under Supplementary Material in this GAP course. Here is also a web article with templates to review as well: Guide to Keeping a Work Journal (with downloadable template) (journalinghabit.com).
- You may also post if you have experience journaling, your thoughts about journaling, and further questions you may have about journaling.
5 reasons to keep a career journal
By Sharlyn Lauby | July 10, 2017
Journaling is an activity of recording experiences, ideas, and thoughts for later use. Many famous people have kept notebooks or journals including Thomas Jefferson, Ernest Hemingway, Marie Curie, and Frida Kahlo. The practice of keeping a journal has been around for a long time. In fact, some of us might have kept a journal when we were younger (i.e. a personal diary).
Even though we’re not teenagers anymore, keeping a journal is still very valuable. And for that reason, people are starting to keep journals to help them with their career.
5 Benefits of Keeping a Career Journal
The good news about career journaling is that you can make the experience whatever you want. If there’s a specific topic you want to focus on (like how to be a better writer), then your career journal can be dedicated to that topic. Or maybe you want to plan for a future career change.
If you like the idea of career journals, but are unsure about what to write about, consider these benefits. It might help you discover a strategy.
1. Become more self-aware. An increasing number of organizations are looking for employees who display self-awareness. Being self-aware is defined as having a conscious knowledge of our own character and feelings. Self-awareness allows us to see our strengths and weaknesses. It can also be used to strengthen our emotional intelligence, which has been connected to leadership capability.
2. Set goals. We set goals in our personal and professional lives. Journals can help us document our goals, develop action plans to achieve them, and identify success strategies. In addition, we can also use our journals to understand what happened when we didn’t accomplish our goals, and consider steps so it doesn’t repeat in the future.
3. Contemplate ideas. Ever have a great idea that you’re not ready to tell anyone? Journals are a perfect place to write them down. You might also want to use a journal to work through details – things like budget, resources, implementation, etc. And when you do start telling people about your idea, use your journal to document reactions and questions.
4. Recognize trends. If you have a habit that you’re trying to start (or stop), documenting the circumstances around the situation could be helpful. For example, experts say keeping a food journal that includes emotions can help people notice stress triggers. When it comes to career journaling, is it possible when we’re stressed or constrained at work, we notice trends in our behavior?
5. Track accomplishments. We’ve already mentioned setting goals and idea planning. This is a little different. Journaling can help us realize when we turn those plans and ideas into results. Sometimes we forget to see the small steps as true accomplishments (and we really should). Small actions or steps can have a huge impact.
By focusing on the benefits you would like to see from your career journaling efforts, you can refine the scope of your writing.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteEdu. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Fill in all the assignment paper details that are required in the order form with the standard information being the page count, deadline, academic level and type of paper. It is advisable to have this information at hand so that you can quickly fill in the necessary information needed in the form for the essay writer to be immediately assigned to your writing project. Make payment for the custom essay order to enable us to assign a suitable writer to your order. Payments are made through Paypal on a secured billing page. Finally, sit back and relax.
Do you need help with this question?
Get assignment help from WriteEdu.com Paper Writing Website and forget about your problems.
WriteEdu provides custom & cheap essay writing 100% original, plagiarism free essays, assignments & dissertations.
With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.