10 Mar According to the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (2008), Scholarship for the baccalaureate graduate involves identification of practice issues; appraisal and integration of
- Purpose of Assignment:
According to the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (2008), “Scholarship for the baccalaureate graduate involves identification of practice issues; appraisal and integration of evidence; and evaluation of outcomes.”
American Association of College of Nursing. (2008). The Essentials of Baccalaureate Education for Professional Nursing Practice. Retrieved from: https://www.aacnnursing.org/Education-Resources/AACN-Essentials
- Course Competency:
Explain innovative systems and distribution of technology to enhance the quality of healthcare delivery and patient safety.
You are a nursing supervisor at a private, critical access hospital offering a variety of clinical care and hospital services to the community. As part of this role, you conduct weekly patient satisfaction phone calls regarding their hospital stay and create patient satisfaction improvement plans for the weekly leadership meetings for any patient concerns.
You just completed a disheartening phone call with a geriatric patient named Mabel who had a six-day hospital stay following a diagnosis of pneumonia. Mabel started the call sharing that fifteen years ago, she was hospitalized with pneumonia at your hospital but was very pleased with her first stay. Unfortunately, this hospital stay presented a lot of challenges for her. She shared she had to stay an extra night because the doctor never showed to sign discharge papers; the pharmacy was closed overnight, so her prescriptions weren’t ready; and she still had not received a bill which had to be mailed because the computer system was shut down for maintenance when she called to inquire. She continued to share that she was provided access instructions for an online portal to view her records but the link does not work, and the user ID and password she was promised would be in the discharge paperwork but was nowhere to be found.
You are preparing for the weekly leadership meeting and only have one patient satisfaction improvement plan to create in response to Mabel’s feedback about her hospital stay. Also, they have asked each leader to bring two innovative technologies that they feel would improve patient safety to this meeting to start a conversation for purchasing new innovation. They are looking at the next fiscal year and want to budget for the integration of 2 innovations. Create an improvement plan using the format of your choice and add the two innovative technologies under the improvement plan. Be sure to include the following components:
- Identify all of Mabel’s hospital stay concerns.
- Specifically, identify how the failure of technology impacted her healthcare delivery.
- Describe any innovative strategies you would recommend for improving Mabel’s concerns.
- Identify how you will measure this innovative strategy.
- Recommend two innovative technologies that the hospital should implement to promote patient safety.
- Identify evidence from the literature to support how each technology has been shown to impact patient safety.
- Describe how either of these innovative technologies could have improved Mabel’s hospital stay.
- Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.)
- Logical, original and insightful
- Professional organization, style, and mechanics in APA format
- Submit document through Grammarly to correct errors before submission
- For assistance on creating an improvement plan, please visit the Rasmussen College Answers page.
- For additional research assistance, please visit How can I make a Research Appointment with a Rasmussen College Librarian?
- For additional APA assistance, please visit the Rasmussen APA Guide.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteEdu. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Fill in all the assignment paper details that are required in the order form with the standard information being the page count, deadline, academic level and type of paper. It is advisable to have this information at hand so that you can quickly fill in the necessary information needed in the form for the essay writer to be immediately assigned to your writing project. Make payment for the custom essay order to enable us to assign a suitable writer to your order. Payments are made through Paypal on a secured billing page. Finally, sit back and relax.
Do you need help with this question?
Get assignment help from WriteEdu.com Paper Writing Website and forget about your problems.
WriteEdu provides custom & cheap essay writing 100% original, plagiarism free essays, assignments & dissertations.
With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.