13 Mar Review the Roles, Responsibilities, and Self-care of Crisis Responders media program found in the Learning Resources and consider the roles and responsibilities of a profession
- Review the Roles, Responsibilities, and Self-care of Crisis Responders media program found in the Learning Resources and consider the roles and responsibilities of a professional counselor during a crisis.
- Create a section in your Crisis Response Portfolio called “Roles and Responsibilities” .
In your section called “Roles and Responsibilities” of your Crisis Response Portfolio, include:
- Under Ethical Responsibilities: Please include ethical considerations for autonomy, informed consent, and confidentiality.
- Under Legal Considerations: Discuss legal considerations and mandated reporting criteria identified by your state
- You can find additional information and training my Google searching your state and mandated reporter training. This training provides valuable information and provides you with a certificate of training that you can include in your resume.
- Please include child, elder, and at-risk population abuse or neglect.
- Also include the duty to warn in your state.
- Additionally, include the phone number you would call to report.
- Under Volunteer Opportunities: Discuss at least one volunteer opportunity or organization that you find interesting that is not Red Cross.
- Go to https://www.ready.gov/get-involved#volunteerLinks to an external site.
- Here you will find different organizations and opportunities
- Please describe the organization.
- Provide a brief summary of the services they provide and an opportunity you may have to support the community.
- James, R. K., & Gilliland, B. E. (2017). Crisis intervention strategies (8th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning.
- Chapter 1, “Approaching Crisis Intervention”
- Chapter 5, “Crisis Case Handling”
- Chapter 15, “Legal and Ethical Issues on Crisis of Trauma”
PLEASE SEE ATTACHED TEMPLATE!!
Crisis Response Portfolio
Part 1: Roles and Responsibilities
Discuss specific ethical responsibilities of a professional counselor working in a crisis. Support with your code of ethics and other resources. At minimum please address autonomy, informed consent, and confidentiality and relate these to crisis situations.
Discuss legal considerations and mandated reporting criteria identified by your state. Note: This information can be found at https://www.childwelfare.gov/topics/systemwide/laws-policies/state/. Please be sure to include elder and at-risk adult populations as well as duty to warn. Additionally, include the phone number you would call to report.
Discuss at least one volunteer opportunity or organization that you find interesting that is not Red Cross. Go to https://www.ready.gov/get-involved#volunteer. Here you will find different organizations and opportunities. Please describe the organization. Provide a brief summary of the services they provide and an opportunity you may have to support the community.
Part 2: Disaster Response Resources
American Red Cross.
Provide information related to your local chapter of the American Red Cross as it relates to mental health crisis response training requirements. This should be in your own words as you appropriately summarize material you find.
Local and National Community Resources.
Provide information from your local and national community resources related to disaster mental health response. Include the contact information or website for the resource with a summary in your own words about each resource and relevant resources they provide for crisis and trauma. Please provide at least one local and one national resource.
8 Core Actions for Psychological First Aid.
Provide a detailed explanation of the 8 Core Actions in providing Psychological First Aid to crisis victims with examples for each action.
Part 3: Suicide
Discuss risk factors and any cultural considerations as they relate to suicidal clients.
Suicide Assessment Questions.
Provide suicide assessment questions you can use with future clients.
Provide an example of a safety plan you can use for a suicidal client. Please include specific actions the client can take.
In your own words, please describe what would you do if you had a client in your office that was going to leave and end their life. Please include who you would contact. Also include your state commitment procedures as they relate to victims of a crisis.
Resources for Suicidal Clients and Surviving Family Members.
Provide brief summaries of local and national professional resources for suicidal clients and surviving family members. Include the contact information or website for the resource with a summary in your own words about the resource.
Part 4: Sexual Assault and Violence
Create a safety plan for one of the clients (Jamie, Maria, or Sofie) in the case conceptualization from this module's assignment. Please remember that the adults in this case are parents and you will want to address them as such by including safety of the child. If you are working with the child, please include how you will work with the parents for safety planning with the child. Be sure to address both sexual assault and intimate partner violence.
Resources for Sexual Assault and Interpersonal Violence.
Provide a brief summary of local and national community organizations that provide resources for sexual assault and interpersonal violence. Include the contact information or website for the resource with a summary in your own words about each resource.
Evidence-Based Practices for Treating Trauma.
Using the Walden library, identify three (3) evidence-based practice (EBP) you might use to treat trauma. For each EBP use the Walden library to (1) identify the EBP and the client population it is used with, (2) describe the EBP in 2–4 sentences, and (3) attach the resource you have found, (4) share you resources with your colleagues by copying this section, Evidence-Based Practices for Treating Trauma, and posting it in the class cafe. For an example, you may check your optional resources.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteEdu. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Fill in all the assignment paper details that are required in the order form with the standard information being the page count, deadline, academic level and type of paper. It is advisable to have this information at hand so that you can quickly fill in the necessary information needed in the form for the essay writer to be immediately assigned to your writing project. Make payment for the custom essay order to enable us to assign a suitable writer to your order. Payments are made through Paypal on a secured billing page. Finally, sit back and relax.
Do you need help with this question?
Get assignment help from WriteEdu.com Paper Writing Website and forget about your problems.
WriteEdu provides custom & cheap essay writing 100% original, plagiarism free essays, assignments & dissertations.
With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.