14 Mar Describe one of your best days. If you could give one piece of advice, what would it be? Who do you admire most? What gives your life meaning? What was one o
Overview:For your initial writing assignment, you will construct a paragraph about something meaningful in your life using the structure of the famous "Humans of New York" blog posts. Please save your file in .doc or .docx format.*Students are encouraged to visit the following website before completing writing assignments. Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL): https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/purdue_owl.html*To view the grading rubric for this assignment, click on the name of the assignment and click "View Rubric"Instructions:
- Review the HONY Paragraph Assignment Sheet (attached above).
- For your paragraph, you will answer ONE of the following prompts:
- Describe one of your best days.
- If you could give one piece of advice, what would it be?
- Who do you admire most?
- What gives your life meaning?
- What was one of your saddest moments?
- What is your greatest joy?
- What is your greatest regret?
- Your paper must adhere to the following guidelines:
- 200-250 words
- Double-spaced, Times New Roman/Calibri, 12-point font
- MLA format for heading
- 1-inch margins
- Include a photo – either a personal photo or insert a photo from creative commons.
- Use correct punctuation, grammar, and mechanics.
- Use complete sentences.
Humans of New York (HONY) Paragraph
· Share a paragraph about yourself with the class, using the structure of the famous “Humans of New York” blog posts. (See this website for an overview https://www.marieclaire.co.uk/news/best-humans-of-new-york-stories-12310 )
· Read “Humans of New York” (HONY) posts; draft and revise a HONY Paragraph in a Word doc. using MLA formatting; identify and correct writing errors; and reflect on the writing process
· Communicate about self through words and visual media
· Focus writing around a main idea
In your paragraph, you need to answer ONE of the following prompts:
· Describe one of your best days.
· If you could give one piece of advice, what would it be?
· Who do you admire most?
· What gives your life meaning?
· What was one of your saddest moments?
· What is your greatest joy?
· What is your greatest regret?
Your paper must adhere to the following guidelines:
· 200-250 words
· Double-spaced, Times New Roman/Calibri, 12-point font
· MLA format for heading
· 1-inch margins
· Include photo – either a personal photo or insert a photo from creative commons
· Use correct punctuation, grammar, and mechanics
· Use complete sentences
· Submit your paper to SafeAssign on Blackboard
See Below for Sample Assignment:
1 January 2020
This Photo by Unknown Author is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND
On one of my best days, I was walking along a beach in southern Japan collecting sea glass. I had taken a train ride to the closest beach to my apartment. I had only been in Japan for a couple weeks, and as an American living by myself it felt pretty lonely. I was not questioning my purpose for coming to Japan to teach English, but living in a new culture was much harder than I thought it would be. As I was walking along the beach searching for sea glass, I looked up and a Japanese boy about my age dropped a handful of sea glass into my palms. He and his two friends took me out for noodles, and then we went to some hot springs. We were listening to old American songs like “Stand by Me” as one of the young men drove his SUV up the winding mountain roads lined with cedar trees. One of the boys stood up with his torso outside the sun roof as we drove. It was just a perfect day. When evening came, the three guys drove me back to my apartment. We exchanged phone numbers, but I never saw them again.
Rubric (See Blackboard for Digital Rubric):
Paragraph fully answers the question (20 pts.) ______
Focus is maintained on a central point (10 pts.) ______
The photograph is included (10 pts.) ______
Paragraph is the appropriate length (10 pts.) ______
MLA formatting is followed (10 pts.) ______
The essay is mostly free of errors (20 pts.) ______
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteEdu. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Fill in all the assignment paper details that are required in the order form with the standard information being the page count, deadline, academic level and type of paper. It is advisable to have this information at hand so that you can quickly fill in the necessary information needed in the form for the essay writer to be immediately assigned to your writing project. Make payment for the custom essay order to enable us to assign a suitable writer to your order. Payments are made through Paypal on a secured billing page. Finally, sit back and relax.
Do you need help with this question?
Get assignment help from WriteEdu.com Paper Writing Website and forget about your problems.
WriteEdu provides custom & cheap essay writing 100% original, plagiarism free essays, assignments & dissertations.
With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.