04 Apr You are the nurse caring for a 64-year-old male client who is postoperative day four on the medical-surgical unit after having an emergency right colectomy due to cancer. The client
You are the nurse caring for a 64-year-old male client who is postoperative day four on the medical-surgical unit after having an emergency right colectomy due to cancer. The client is NPO with a nasogastric (NG) tube to low intermittent suction. The client has a history of smoking and no other health problems.
- Temperature: 99.2° F
- Heart rate: 91 beats/min
- Respirations: 20 breaths/minute
- O2 saturation: 93% on 2L oxygen via nasal cannula
- Blood pressure: 110/68 mm Hg
- Pain: "6/10"
Focused assessment findings:
- Alert and oriented to person, place, and time
- Moves all four extremities, refuses to ambulate
- Apical pulse is regular at 91 beats/minute
- Lungs clear to auscultation, diminished bilaterally
- Bowel sounds hypoactive, abdomen soft, tender in all four quadrants
- Midline abdominal incision well approximated with staples intact, no erythema, Penrose drain intact with scant serous drainage
- Right lower quadrant Jackson-Pratt drain with sutures intact, no erythema, 30 mL of serosanguineous drainage
Module 04 – Written Assignment Improving Patient Care Worksheet
Complete all your lesson content and assigned readings. Make sure that you are focusing on:
· An example of evidence-based practice (EBP)
· How EBP improves patient care
· Answer the questions listed below using complete sentences.
· Use correct grammar, spelling and APA format.
· Support your answers using credible sources such as textbooks, course materials, and evidence-based articles ( 1 Point)
How do I know if a source is credible?
How do I find evidence-based practice articles? Or nursing best practices?
1. Describe an example of evidence-based practice (EBP) change or guidelines. (2 Points)
2. Explain how EBP improves patient care. (2 Points)
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteEdu. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Fill in all the assignment paper details that are required in the order form with the standard information being the page count, deadline, academic level and type of paper. It is advisable to have this information at hand so that you can quickly fill in the necessary information needed in the form for the essay writer to be immediately assigned to your writing project. Make payment for the custom essay order to enable us to assign a suitable writer to your order. Payments are made through Paypal on a secured billing page. Finally, sit back and relax.
Do you need help with this question?
Get assignment help from WriteEdu.com Paper Writing Website and forget about your problems.
WriteEdu provides custom & cheap essay writing 100% original, plagiarism free essays, assignments & dissertations.
With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.