05 Apr Assume you are an investigative reporter for a major publication (magazine or newspaper) who has been assigned to research important ethnic,?racial, gender, or class issues that are
Assume you are an investigative reporter for a major publication (magazine or newspaper) who has been assigned to research important ethnic, racial, gender, or class issues that are evidencing problems and affecting people in a local area, workplace, or specific part of the world. Your goal is to provide an in-depth analysis of and put a human face on the issue, the problems being evidenced, and proposed changes to bring about improvement for those affected. You will report your analysis in a series of articles that the editor plans to publish in two major parts.
The breakdown for this series of articles is as follows:
- Week 2: The Topic, Rationale, and Annotated Source List assignment requires you to conduct preliminary research and select one topic area for the series. Please review this video for instructions on how to format an Annotated Bibliography.
Choose ONE of the following topics:
African American equality issues in the U.S.
Arab American equality issues in the U.S.
Asian American equality issues in the U.S.
Assimilation and pluralism in the U.S.
Ethnicity and racial identity issues in the U.S.
Ethnicity and racial issues in Brazil or South Africa
Ethnicity, racial, or language issues in Canada
Gender equality issues in a specific region (another country outside of the U.S.)
Gender equality issues in the U.S. (or specific workplace)
Gender inclusion and personal identity (global perspective)
Hispanic American equality issues in the U.S.
Immigration issues in the U.S.
Jewish American equality issues in the U.S.
Native American equality issues in the U.S.
Social class issues in the U.S.
White ethnic American equality issues in the U.S.
Write 2–3 pages in which you:
- Identify one topic area you would like to research for the series of articles. The topic area selected should involve problems for those affected.
- Provide a rationale with three reasons for selecting the topic area.
- Include an annotated source list of five credible, reliable sources for the selected topic area. A sample annotated source list [PDF] has been provided for your reference.
Annotated Source List
1. James P. Smith. 2010. Financial Decision Making and Cognition in the Family Context. http://libdatab.strayer.edu/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=bth&AN=54 503318&site=eds-live&scope=site
This journal article describes a study about married couples and financial wealth, which found that the mathematical literacy (or “numeracy skills”) of the decision-making spouse increases overall household wealth. However, the article states that husbands are still responsible for making financial decisions in nearly 62% of marriages. The authors examine which spouse makes financial decisions in the households and why, concluding that the reasons are often related to class and cultural conventions surrounding gender roles. The information in this article supports the point that the division of tasks in a marriage should not be determined solely by gender.
2. ADD the next sources with a SWS annotation followed by an annotation providing an overview of the source and an explanation how the source might be used in the research process.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteEdu. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Fill in all the assignment paper details that are required in the order form with the standard information being the page count, deadline, academic level and type of paper. It is advisable to have this information at hand so that you can quickly fill in the necessary information needed in the form for the essay writer to be immediately assigned to your writing project. Make payment for the custom essay order to enable us to assign a suitable writer to your order. Payments are made through Paypal on a secured billing page. Finally, sit back and relax.
Do you need help with this question?
Get assignment help from WriteEdu.com Paper Writing Website and forget about your problems.
WriteEdu provides custom & cheap essay writing 100% original, plagiarism free essays, assignments & dissertations.
With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.