05 Apr Explain how you view the use of touch in your personal life (e.g., tend to hug all friends and family or only touch close friends and family). Explain how your perspective on touc
- Explain how you view the use of touch in your personal life (e.g., tend to hug all friends and family or only touch close friends and family).
- Explain how your perspective on touch was developed (e.g., via family culture or experiences with friends).
- Identify two reasons you might use touch with a client, and why.
- Explain how you view the initiation of and reaction to the use of touch in Southside Community Services: Mrs. Bargas, Episode 3.
- Explain how you will determine that this use of touch will be positive for the helping relationship.
- What would tell you that the use of touch is not appropriate for the client?
In the helping relationship, the social worker must maintain a balance between flexibility and appropriate boundaries. One such boundary is the use of touch. In social work, touch has long been held as dangerous and taboo. It may be harmful to a client, and it is important to be aware of the client’s past history. For example, a child with a history of sexual abuse could interpret touch as a sexual advance. However, touch can be a positive action, particularly for certain cultures.
On top of these perception and ethics issues, you should also determine your personal perspective for how you might use touch in your work with clients. In this Assignment, you reflect on your own culture and the role of touch in the helping relationship.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteEdu. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Fill in all the assignment paper details that are required in the order form with the standard information being the page count, deadline, academic level and type of paper. It is advisable to have this information at hand so that you can quickly fill in the necessary information needed in the form for the essay writer to be immediately assigned to your writing project. Make payment for the custom essay order to enable us to assign a suitable writer to your order. Payments are made through Paypal on a secured billing page. Finally, sit back and relax.
Do you need help with this question?
Get assignment help from WriteEdu.com Paper Writing Website and forget about your problems.
WriteEdu provides custom & cheap essay writing 100% original, plagiarism free essays, assignments & dissertations.
With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.