30 Apr One of sociology’s central tasks is to show the ways in which an individual’s life is inextricably embedded in and influenced by the social world. Using all the so
One of sociology's central tasks is to show the ways in which an individual's life is inextricably embedded in and influenced by the social world. Using all the sociological ideas you have learned so far in this course, write a brief reflection on yourself and your story in sociological terms. You may ask such questions as:
- What is my social identity? In other words, what groups and categories do you belong to? In what ways do you identify yourself in social terms (i.e. by your membership in these groups)? In what ways are these memberships relevant to you? Consider that group and categorical memberships may be anything from a club you intentionally joined to something that was assigned to you by society (such as race, ethnicity, class, and gender).
- What are the elements of my culture? In other words, how do the social formations (society, family, community, groups, etc.), which you grew up in or later became aware of, teach people to understand and act in the world? Consider that "culture" can contain everything from traditions and customs to morals, beliefs, and values.
- Where am I positioned in my society's structure? Recall that social structures, typically, are hierarchical ways of arranging the elements of a society – including all the groups and categories to which you belong. How do you think this has been relevant to your life? What do you think would have been different about your life if some aspect of your social identity had been different?
Note that you do not have to go into detail about anything you feel is too personal or sensitive.
Your report may take one of the following forms:
· PowerPoint/visual presentation. The presentation must be thorough and include enough information to discuss the topic and answer the assignment's questions fully. Presentations should be no less than 10-15 slides in lengt.
· Written essay. If you choose this option, your essay should be approximately three (3) to four (4) pages in length, using size-12, doubled-spaced Times New Roman font with 1" margins in your document. For guidance on writing expository and narrative essays, please visit Purdue Owl's Writing Lab.Links to an external site.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteEdu. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Fill in all the assignment paper details that are required in the order form with the standard information being the page count, deadline, academic level and type of paper. It is advisable to have this information at hand so that you can quickly fill in the necessary information needed in the form for the essay writer to be immediately assigned to your writing project. Make payment for the custom essay order to enable us to assign a suitable writer to your order. Payments are made through Paypal on a secured billing page. Finally, sit back and relax.
Do you need help with this question?
Get assignment help from WriteEdu.com Paper Writing Website and forget about your problems.
WriteEdu provides custom & cheap essay writing 100% original, plagiarism free essays, assignments & dissertations.
With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.