09 May Design a pay structure for CapraTek that is commensurate with job classifications. The deliverable is a 3-4 page recommendation memo to upper management. Introduction The
Design a pay structure for CapraTek that is commensurate with job classifications. The deliverable is a 3-4 page recommendation memo to upper management.
The challenge in this assessment is to focus on creating a strategic pay structure that should include considering the number of pay structures, market pay line, defined pay grades, and pay ranges (Martocchio, pp. 172–179). Additionally, analyze merit pay systems, sales-incentive plans, and person-focused programs. Keep in mind the alignment of job classifications and pay structure.
Martocchio, J. J. (2020). Strategic compensation: A human resource management approach (10th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson.
It is critical to know that a successful compensation strategy will gain more acceptance by senior management when HRM can demonstrate a link between the rewards strategy and the attainment of the organization's strategic goals.
For your next HR Challenge, your manager has asked you to design a pay structure for CapraTek that is commensurate with job classifications.
CapraTek is a virtual technology company. The assessment is based on the CapraTek scenario.
- CapraTek: Strategic Pay Structures.
- Get the perspective of CapraTek employees and determine the elements needed for a strategic pay structure.
Building on your work in the previous assessment's HR Challenge: Internally Consistent and Externally Competitive, design a pay structure for CapraTek that is commensurate with job classifications. The deliverable is a recommendation memo to upper management.
To develop the recommendation memo to upper management, do the following:
- Create a strategic pay structure for CapraTek using Martocchio's five-step system, including the number of pay structures, market pay line, defined pay grades, and pay ranges (Martocchio, pp. 172–179).
- Analyze merit-pay systems and their applicability to CapraTek.
- Analyze sales-incentive compensation plans and their applicability to CapraTek.
- Analyze person-focused programs and their applicability to CapraTek.
- Evaluate the alignment of job classifications to this pay structure.
Note: Your faculty may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click the linked resources for helpful writing information.
You should consider adding this assessment to your personal ePortfolio. This assessment demonstrates your ability to share a design for a pay structure. This skill is necessary in a professional setting when you are trying to make strategic compensation recommendations. You will want to organize your assessments to easily support future reflection and completion of your HRM capstone project as well as for showcasing your knowledge with employers after graduation. For more information on ePortfolio, visit the Campus ePortfolio page.
The deliverable for this assignment applies professional skills in HRM to workplace situations that you will likely encounter in your day-to-day work in HRM. As part of your learning, focus on the development of effective professional communication skills for the workplace.
- Length: Your 3–4 page memo should be typed, double-spaced pages, including the resources page.
- Organization: Make sure that your assignment writing is well organized, using headings and subheadings to organize content for the reader.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point.
- Resources: Use two scholarly, peer-reviewed or academic sources.
- Evidence: Support your assertions with data and/or in-text citations and create a reference list at the end of your document.
- APA formatting: Resources and in-text citations are formatted according to current APA Style and Format.
- Written communication:
- Adhere to the rules of grammar, usage, and mechanics.
- Use spell-check and other tools to ensure correct spelling and grammar.
- Write for a specific audience, using the vernacular of the profession.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Assess the impact of compensation systems on individual and organizational performance.
- Analyze the applicability of merit pay, sales-incentive plans, and person-focused programs for a given scenario.
- Competency 2: Apply compensation theories to formulate a total rewards strategy.
- Propose a strategic pay structure for a scenario including the number of pay structures, market pay line, defined pay grades, and pay ranges.
- Competency 3: Analyze the influence of job classification systems on compensation programs.
- Evaluate the alignment of job classifications to the proposed pay structure.
- Competency 4: Communicate clearly, accurately, and professionally in the Human Resource Management field.
- Adhere to the rules of grammar, usage, and mechanics.
Martocchio, J. J. (2020). Strategic compensation: A human resource management approach (10th ed.). Hoboken, NJ: Pearson.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteEdu. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Fill in all the assignment paper details that are required in the order form with the standard information being the page count, deadline, academic level and type of paper. It is advisable to have this information at hand so that you can quickly fill in the necessary information needed in the form for the essay writer to be immediately assigned to your writing project. Make payment for the custom essay order to enable us to assign a suitable writer to your order. Payments are made through Paypal on a secured billing page. Finally, sit back and relax.
Do you need help with this question?
Get assignment help from WriteEdu.com Paper Writing Website and forget about your problems.
WriteEdu provides custom & cheap essay writing 100% original, plagiarism free essays, assignments & dissertations.
With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.