14 May How do you define critical thinking? You will want to carry this definition with you, so keep it brief ? perhaps 4 to 6 lines. You will find many definitions online ? don’t be tempted to
Facione, P. A., & Gittens, C. A. (2016). Think critically (3rd ed.). Boston: Pearson.
Bloom, B. S., Engelhart, M. D., Furst, E. J., Hill, W. H., and Krathwohl, D. R. (1956). Taxonomy of educational objectives: The classification of educational goals. Handbook I: Cognitive domain. David McKay Company.
Lovett, M. C. (2008). Teaching metacognition. https://www.overcominghateportal.org/uploads/5/4/1/5/5415260/teaching_metacognition.pdf
Vanderbilt University Center for Teaching. (n.d.). Bloom’s taxonomy pyramid [Image file]. https://www.flickr.com/photos/vandycft/29428436431
The content of the metacognition section was based largely on the following sources:
Lai, E. R. (2011). Metacognition, a literature review. https://images.pearsonassessments.com/images/tmrs/Metacognition_Literature_Review_Final.pdf
Papaleontiou-Louca, E. (2003). The concept and instruction of metacognition. Teacher Development, 7(1). http://vcell.ndsu.nodak.edu/~ganesh/seminar/2003_Louca_The%20Concept%20and%20Instruction%20of%20Metacognition.pdf
For this journal assignment, briefly answer each of the following prompts:
- Critical Thinking
- After reading the required resources for this week and participating in the discussion, how do you define critical thinking? You will want to carry this definition with you, so keep it brief – perhaps 4 to 6 lines. You will find many definitions online – don't be tempted to just quickly copy one; try to form your own so that it is meaningful to you.
- Heart of the Matter
- Considering just what you read in Chapter 2.3 "Looking Ahead" why do you think the authors see Chapters 12, 13, and 14 as the "heart of the matter"?
- What do you think they mean by that?
- What two concepts do the authors say these chapters emphasize?
- How do you define these concepts?
- Why do you think the authors find these concepts important to critical thinking?
- Challenges & Insights
- What do you see as your greatest challenge for this session in general? For this class in particular?
- How do you think you can use the concepts in these first three chapters to help you meet these challenges as well as challenges in your personal life as a member of your family and your community?
If you include references to outside sources (beyond the textbook), make sure you cite them properly.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteEdu. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Fill in all the assignment paper details that are required in the order form with the standard information being the page count, deadline, academic level and type of paper. It is advisable to have this information at hand so that you can quickly fill in the necessary information needed in the form for the essay writer to be immediately assigned to your writing project. Make payment for the custom essay order to enable us to assign a suitable writer to your order. Payments are made through Paypal on a secured billing page. Finally, sit back and relax.
Do you need help with this question?
Get assignment help from WriteEdu.com Paper Writing Website and forget about your problems.
WriteEdu provides custom & cheap essay writing 100% original, plagiarism free essays, assignments & dissertations.
With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.