18 May Locate ?a film or book (popular fiction, not a psychology text or ?instructional/academic film) that illustrates one of the concepts we’re ?discussing this semester. For example
Locate a film or book (popular fiction, not a psychology text or instructional/academic film) that illustrates one of the concepts we're discussing this semester. For example, the film/book might depict situations that are relevant to the concepts of obedience, conformity, altruism, persuasion techniques, groupthink, interpersonal attraction, etc… Any topic discussed in our readings is fair game, but the concept needs to be clearly depicted in the source you chose.
For the purposes of this assignment, films/books that actually depict any of the classic experiments we're discussing this semester (e.g., the recent film titled "Stanford Prison Experiment") are explicitly not allowed. Work to "stretch" and use your critical thinking skills to determine whether your source is clearly related to a social psychology concept or not.
After referring to the film or reading the book, please use any of the following formats to report your observations: Power Point slides, narrated slideshow, or video diary (e.g., "vlog"). This assignment is not intended to be a formal writing assignment. Rather, the intent is to see you make connections between your readings and "real-life" situations as depicted in popular media sources and to express your thoughts succinctly and coherently. Be creative, but be sure that the reader/viewer is able to clearly discern that you can critique the film/book in a scholarly way as related to course material (e.g., don't just give a "book report" in which you describe the plot of the movie/book).
1. Describe which social psychology concept you are choosing (e.g., conformity, obedience, altruism, persuasion, etc…) and indicate how you see it manifested in the film/book you chose.
2. Describe the social psychology concept. What does it mean? How has it been studied in the field of social psychology? What have you learned about it this semester?
3. Briefly describe the film/book you chose (e.g., its plot, characters, themes, etc…). This description does not need to be really lengthy (you don't need to summarize the entire plot; hit the high points), but should be sufficient to demonstrate that you actually viewed the entire film or read the entire book.
4. Clearly describe how you feel the film/book you chose relates to the social psychology concept. If you chose altruism, for example, how do the characters in the film/book behave in a prosocial manner toward others? If you chose group think, how did the characters get caught in a situation that resulted in a group think mentality?
5. Finally, take time to ensure that your finished product is polished (no grammatical/spelling errors in written work, no grammatical issues or unclear language in video submissions), flows well, and looks professional. While you aren't expected to submit Spielberg-quality films, your submission should be at least as professional-appearing as reasonable videos seen on YouTube or PowerPoint presentations made in a work setting.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteEdu. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Fill in all the assignment paper details that are required in the order form with the standard information being the page count, deadline, academic level and type of paper. It is advisable to have this information at hand so that you can quickly fill in the necessary information needed in the form for the essay writer to be immediately assigned to your writing project. Make payment for the custom essay order to enable us to assign a suitable writer to your order. Payments are made through Paypal on a secured billing page. Finally, sit back and relax.
Do you need help with this question?
Get assignment help from WriteEdu.com Paper Writing Website and forget about your problems.
WriteEdu provides custom & cheap essay writing 100% original, plagiarism free essays, assignments & dissertations.
With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.