19 Jun Ashford 6: – Week 5 – Final Project
Ashford 6: – Week 5 – Final Project
Educational Professional Portfolio
Throughout this course you have had the opportunity to observe Mrs. Ashland, her students, their parents, Mrs. Ford, and Park Lane Early Childhood Education Center. With your degree in reach, it will soon be your turn to become the next Mrs. Ashland or Mrs. Ford. To propel you on your journey, you will be creating an ePortfolio using Google Sites. This will showcase who you are as an Educational Professional when you go to a job interview. Remember that portfolios grow as you do, so you will be able to continue to add to and revise your portfolio even after this course is over. This assignment is a culmination of the learning gained throughout this course. The case study about Mrs. Ashland serves as a reflection of best practices in key early childhood areas for you to utilize as an example.
You will need to use Google Sites to create your ePortfolio. This is an actual working website that you can enable for others to view. You will find information about how to access this site and directions for creating your ePortfolio here.
Your portfolio will need to contain the following requirements:
- Portfolio Table of Contents.
- Cover Letter: Revise the cover letter you created in the Week Five, Discussion Two forum. Your cover letter should be one page in length.
- Biography: Write a one-page biography to introduce yourself to potential employers. Make sure to include either a photo of yourself or some images that relate to your professional interests. This is your opportunity to let your potential employer know a little bit about who you are.
- Model of Teaching: Review your initial response from Week One, Discussion One. Develop a revised position statement regarding what model of teaching you believe fits best with your philosophy of learning. Make sure to include why you believe this model of teaching is the best for you and your students. Add support from a scholarly source here to build credibility about the approach that you believe is best. Your model of teaching should be one page in length.
- Developmentally Appropriate Practices: Review the feedback from Week One, Discussion Two. Develop a position statement that clearly describes your beliefs on the importance of using developmentally appropriate practices in Early Childhood Education. Your position statement should be one page in length.
- Approaches to Curriculum: Explain how you will plan your curriculum, using your ideas from the Week Two discussions. In addition, use the feedback provided on the lesson plan rubric from your peers to revise your lesson plan from the Week Two, Discussion Two forum. Include a copy of the newly revised lesson plan. Your curriculum plan should be no longer than a page, not including the lesson plan.
- Differentiated Common Core or Early Learning Standards Lesson Plan: Review the feedback on your Week Two assignment. Revise your Common Core or Early Learning Standards Lesson Plan. Include a copy of your newly revised lesson plan and the summary paragraph that explains the considerations you took into account when planning.
- Parent Communication: Develop a plan for ongoing parent communication using your learning about the various forms of parent communication from Week Three, Discussion One. This plan should be one page long.
- Classroom Organization: Describe your classroom management plan. This can simply be the poster you created for the Week Three, Discussion Two forum, or you can develop a summary of your plan. Your poster or plan should be one page in length.
- Assessment Plan: Review the Week Four assignment feedback. Choose two of the four assessments from your Week Four assignment to revise and include in your portfolio. Your assessment plan should be two pages in length.
- Disposition Statement: Review the Week Five, Discussion One feedback. Create your philosophy of the necessary qualities of an early childhood educator. This philosophy should be one page long and reflect your personal beliefs.
- Plan Professional Development: Professional development plays an important role in the life of an educator. Research different methods of continuing professional development. Develop three statements of commitment as to the types of professional development you plan to engage in over the next year. At least one of your resources for professional development should be online. For each commitment, include a rationale as to why you chose this particular type of professional development and how it will help you to continue to grow as an early childhood educator. This section should be one page in length.
- Rationale: In this section you will need to look at each component of your portfolio. In three to four sentences, reflect as to how these components demonstrate mastery of one or more of the Program Comprehensive Exam Main Topics. Use your Reflective Journal Template while developing your rationale.
- Reference Page: Using your textbook and at least five outside scholarly sources helps to strengthen your beliefs as an educational professional.
Your final project, including the 12 required components, should be submitted as a document that contains the hyperlink to your ePortfolio. You are encouraged to be professional and creative with your ePortfolio. The ePortfolio should address the material using college-level writing, critical thought, and APA formatting. In addition, it should include graphics, visuals, and media, as appropriate. Contents should be designed to clearly and concisely address the material with research justification.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteEdu. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Do you need help with this question?
Get assignment help from WriteEdu.com Paper Writing Website and forget about your problems.
WriteEdu provides custom & cheap essay writing 100% original, plagiarism free essays, assignments & dissertations.
With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.