01 Aug Cybercrime Investigation Methods Prior to beginning work on this assignment read the Sinduh and Meshram (2012) article?(Links to an external site.). It is also recommended you revie
Cybercrime Investigation Methods
Prior to beginning work on this assignment read the Sinduh and Meshram (2012) article (Links to an external site.). It is also recommended you review the Brown (2015) article (Links to an external site.) before writing your assignment. Review the instructions below and research a minimum of two additional scholarly or professional sources to support your statements. (Access the MSCJ Professional Sources guide (Links to an external site.) for assistance with finding appropriate professional resources.)
As you have learned thus far, cyber crimes being committed create a new vanguard for law enforcement and prosecution of criminal actions. The commonplace notions of physical crime scenes, standard and material evidence collection, and well-established, traditional steps of an investigation do not necessarily apply in the “cyber world.” With a need for change in how cyber crimes are investigated, you will examine current cyber crime investigations methods in this assignment.
For this assignment you will prepare a three to five page (750 to 1250 words) paper detailing the major components of cybercrime investigation. Including the following elements in your narrative:
- Develop your own, working definition of cyber crime.
- Explain the methodology of gathering evidence in a cyber crime investigation.
- Analyze the methods of evidence collection, analysis and preservation.
- Explain the legal challenges for both private security and police agencies related to cyber crime investigation methods and practices.
The Cybercrime Investigation Methods paper
- Must be three to five double-spaced pages (750 to 1250 words) in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the UAGC Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least two scholarly sources in addition to the required course materials.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the UAGC Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the UAGC Writing Center.
Sindhu, K. K., & Meshram, B. B. (2012). Digital forensics and cyber crime datamining (Links to an external site.). Journal of Information Security, (3), 196-201. Retrieved from http://www.scirp.org/journal/PaperDownload.aspx?DOI=10.4236/jis.2012.33024
- This article discusses the various tools and techniques being used in the field of digital forensics as well as suggesting a systematic approach to the science. Accessibility Statement does not exist.
Aspinall, W. (Director & Producer). (2014). Heists: Cybercrimes with Ben Hammersley (Links to an external site.) [Video file]. Retrieved from https://secure.films.com/OnDemandEmbed.aspx?token=109729&wID=100753&plt=FOD&loid=0&w=560&h=315&fWidth=580&fHeight=365
- The full version of this video is available through the Films on Demand database in the UAGC Library. This video examines organized cyber hackers and how criminals and networks commit cyber crime and will assist you with your learning activities this week. This video has closed captioning.
Accessibility Statement (Links to an external site.)
Brown, C. S. D., (2015). Investigating and prosecuting cyber crime: Forensic dependencies and barriers to justice (Links to an external site.). International Journal of Cyber Criminology, 9(1), 55-119. doi: 10.5281/zenodo.22387. Retrieved from http://www.cybercrimejournal.com/Brown2015vol9issue1.pdf
- This open access article centers on the systemic issues that face investigators when taking on a cyber crime scene. The topic of potential regulatory changes related to cyber crime investigation is also discussed.
United States Department of Justice. (2008). Electronic crime scene investigation: A guide for first responders, second edition (Links to an external site.)[PDF]. https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/219941.pdf
- This source provides pragmatic and practical information necessary to individuals collecting evidence of cyber crime evidence for prosecution. The governmental report provides step by step guidance for “first responders” and is considerate of the unique nature of each crime scene encountered. The report focuses upon preserving electronic crime scenes and provides methods for recognizing, collecting, and safeguarding digital evidence.
MSCJ Resources (Links to an external site.) (http://ashford-mscj.weebly.com/)
- This resource site will provide assistance in researching additional sources for the assessments within this course.
Accessibility Statement does not exist.
This question was first posted at collepals.com!
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteEdu. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Do you need help with this question?
Get assignment help from WriteEdu.com Paper Writing Website and forget about your problems.
WriteEdu provides custom & cheap essay writing 100% original, plagiarism free essays, assignments & dissertations.
With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.