01 Aug For this major project you are asked to develop a Human Resource plan/audit. You can think of this as preparing for a new business you want to start, or a review of the business whe
For this major project you are asked to develop a Human Resource plan/audit. You can think of this as preparing for a new business you want to start, or a review of the business where you currently work, or a review of a friend's business or non-profit. This major project will assist you with the business plan you will need to assemble in the MBA679 Business Plan & Launch course. Therefore, it has added value for you beyond this course.
Note: In order to develop a Human Resource Plan that meets the requirements of this assignment, you will need to have at least four employees or more. If you business does not have four different employees and positions, please look to the future where you may expand and develop your plan to that future.
Write the narrative and lists under each heading with sufficient detail and specificity that anyone who reads this can work with the document without you and make the HR function work well. For example, please do not use phrases like “We will comply with all EEO legal requirements.” Instead, explain what the legal requirements are and how you intend to ensure they are complied with.
This project is scored using the 'Major Project Rubric (not QEP)'. Please click on the underlined 'Major Project' heading above and review the rubric so that you know how the project will be scored.
Table of contents with page numbers
1. Leader/Founder background information along with information on any other key members of the management team.
2. Description of the business.
3. Mission, Vision, and Guiding Principles (or Ethics Code) for the organization.
4. Locations of the business and specific location that this plan document relates to.
5. Product/service which organization provides (useful if multiple product/service divisions exist).
6. Position and skill set summary table (fill in key information below). For this project, you do not have to use every position in the organization but you should include at least four different positions.
Type of Employee
Functions – What do they do?
Knowledge – What body of information do they need to do the job? Education?
Skills – What type of manual, verbal, or mental skills do they need to do the job? I.E. Driving a truck, typing, etc.
Abilities – What observable activities do they need to possess to do the job? I.E. Ability to organize work, lead, etc.
7. Position Descriptions. Add additional details and descriptions to the information in the table above to create a position description for each type of employee position identified. You can use the Department of Labor’s job description website for this section of the plan and adapt the descriptions as needed. The website is located at https://www.onetonline.org/ You can also google O*Net and it will take you to the site.
8. Compensation principles. Explain how you intend to go about determining compensation.
9. Benefits and indirect compensation. In this section, list the pay, benefits, and any indirect compensation you will offer to each type of employee identified in the table above. REMEMBER, if you offer employer paid benefits, they will need to be part of your annual payroll budget contained later in this plan.
10. Hiring and Retaining. Provide details as to the principles and practices you will use to find, select, orient, train/develop, and retain qualified employees. You should address each of these in at least a paragraph, preferably more.
11. Privacy rules. Describe any legislation to which your business must adhere, and explain how you maintain privacy for both customers and employees as well as the business. This includes company trade secrets, customer information, employee information, credit card numbers, addresses, Social Security numbers, etc. How will you keep data in your computers safe?
12. Safety rules. Describe any legislation (e.g., OSHA) to which your business must adhere, and/or explain how you intend to keep employees safe and provide a safe environment for them to work in. Do not use a generic "we will comply with all safety regulations." IMPORTANT: This section should also include any PPE requirements needed for employees, customers, suppliers, etc. required because of pandemic.
13. EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Bullying. State your policy and describe the principles used to avoid discrimination including any training. Include reporting procedures for employees who want to report violations. Explain how you intend to watch and monitor for disparate treatment and disparate impact.
14. Performance Reviews. Describe the organization’s principles for employee performance review and explain the process you will use for those reviews (what, when, who, how).
15. Discipline. Explain how you will handle situations of poor performance or possible criminal activity.
16. Telecommuting policy if employees are able to telecommute. What is the process to request telecommuting and what are the company's telecommuting policies.
17. For USA-based business, explain how you intend to make reasonable accommodation for an employee in compliance with the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) and the Family Medical Leave Act (FLMA).
18. Develop an organization chart and show the number of employees which exists and the reporting relationships.
19. Develop an annual payroll budget presuming 12 months of salary for exempt employees, 52 weeks payroll at 40 hours for hourly employees (using 2080 hours in one work year). Use the current benefit/taxes the firm has to pay for the location (country/state/city). For the USA this includes FICA, Medicare, unemployment taxes. If you pay a monthly allotment for clothing/uniform, medical insurance, life insurance, etc. please include these as line item expenses.
20. Create a Gantt Chart identifying when you intend to hire each person during the first year of operation (or during the next 12 months for an existing company).
This question was first posted at collepals.com!
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteEdu. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Do you need help with this question?
Get assignment help from WriteEdu.com Paper Writing Website and forget about your problems.
WriteEdu provides custom & cheap essay writing 100% original, plagiarism free essays, assignments & dissertations.
With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.