19 Jun HIST 10923: Survey of Latin American History:
HIST 10923: Survey of Latin American History: The Colonial Period
[Your name here]
Prepare clearly articulated responses to all questions outlined below. Please write full sentences in a coherent narrative that address the major issues covered in class through readings, lectures, and discussions. Observe proper grammar. Incorporate primary sources to inform your responses.
Basic but Tricky
1. In the context of Spanish exploration, what does “pacification” mean? What legal document facilitated pacification? [10 points]
2. What did Spaniards expect as a reward for their efforts to subdue foreign lands? [Do not, under any circumstances, respond “gold.” I’ve heard tragic horrible stories of students who have made this choice . . . you don’t want to know.] [5 points]
4. Why is this painting from medieval Spain relevant to the history of colonial Latin America? [10 points]:
5. Did geography really play the determining factor in the downfall of Inka Empire as Jared Diamond proposes? Explain Diamond’s thesis. How do the choices made by historical actors complicate the author’s thesis? [10 points]
6. Narratives about the fall of Tenochtitlan suggest the Spanish explorer, Hernán Cortés, along with a handful of Spanish soldiers singlehandedly defeated the largest military force in Mesoamerica. How does p. 43 from the Florentine Codex (below) complicate this statement? Make sure to describe the source (who, what, when), include analysis of the translated text we read for class (Views of the Conquest), and incorporate insight from lecture and discussion. [30 points]
7. Religious conversion served as the principal justification for Spanish presence in America. What does the image below tell us about the strategies used by missionaries to convert people to Christianity? What challenges did missionaries face? What did Pedro de Gante have to say about the spiritual conquest? [30 points]
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteEdu. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Do you need help with this question?
Get assignment help from WriteEdu.com Paper Writing Website and forget about your problems.
WriteEdu provides custom & cheap essay writing 100% original, plagiarism free essays, assignments & dissertations.
With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.