15 May In the introduction to the unit, you learned about the elements of a personal essay. Now,
In the introduction to the unit, you learned about the elements of a personal essay. Now,
you will write that essay. The experience you write about does not have to be
monumental. It just has to be significant to you. Your essay should be a true story, or
narrative, focusing on a place. Within that story, you will need to determine what
happened at this place, who were the important people there, what was said, and what
• Create a personal essay about a specific place that is the most memorable for
you and where you had a positive experience. (Please be aware that if you share
information that is distressing, then your instructor is mandated to share that
information with our counseling center.)
• Consider the following questions when starting your essay:
o What is a specific place that is particularly memorable to you?
o What happened at this place that makes it so important to you?
A personal essay is a combination of the description of the action or plot, details about
the people/location of the essay, and reflection on what happened:
• Begin by describing the place. Try using each of the five senses to show the
reader what the place is like.
• Consider the best conversations you had at the place and include that dialogue
in your message.
• Finally, be sure to offer your thoughts on the experience and what you learned
• Please submit a Microsoft Word document or PDF.
ENG110 – College Writing
Unit 1 Assignment: Personal Essay
• The assignment should be two to three pages in length and should include the
o An APA-style title page (see Unit 1 documents for a sample)
o 1–2 pages for the full essay content
o Double-space the assignment and use 1-inch margins.
o You should use an APA-recommended font; 12 Times New Roman font is
suggested (see Unit 1 documents under the Title page for a list of other
• You need an introduction, body paragraphs, and a conclusion for this essay.
o The introduction should set up what specifically the reader needs to know
before you get into the main action of the essay. You can also include a
thesis, or a controlling idea statement, that lets the reader know your
purpose for writing the essay.
o Your body paragraphs should focus on one specific part of the experience
each. Please do not try to include too much information in each
o Finally, the conclusion will wrap up the essay and show how the action in
the essay was resolved.
• Your writing should be free of punctuation, spelling, and grammar errors and
should contain appropriate word choice for an academic setting with a clear
• Utilize the senses (sight, sound, taste, touch, smell) to help you tell the story.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteEdu. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Do you need help with this question?
Get assignment help from WriteEdu.com Paper Writing Website and forget about your problems.
WriteEdu provides custom & cheap essay writing 100% original, plagiarism free essays, assignments & dissertations.
With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.