09 Aug Module 1 – Case INDIVIDUAL DIFFERENCES IN THE WORKPLACE
Module 1 – Case
INDIVIDUAL DIFFERENCES IN THE WORKPLACE
Managers often notice the relationship between attitudes and job performance. You may have heard someone say, “With that great attitude, this employee will set new sales records!” or “With that poor attitude, quality work will never result!” However, managers seldom realize that they can affect an employee’s work attitudes (such as job satisfaction and commitment), which in turn can affect job outcomes such as turnover, absenteeism, and productivity.
In this first Case Assignment, you are asked to view a video that examines attitudes, behaviors, and their impacts on the workplace. In this first case you will be writing about the following scenarios:
· Kelly and the Personal Space Invader (Sam)
· Sophia and the Empty Pit (Molly)
· Ray and the Chip on the Shoulder (Victor)
Fisher, R. (Producer), & Napoli, J. (Director). (2007). Working with you is killing me: Freeing you from emotional traps at work [Video/DVD]. CRM Learning. Available in the Trident Online Library, Academic Videos.
To access the video:
1. Click Online Library at the top of the page. (If you don’t see it, click More, then click Online Library.)
2. Under Additional Library Sources, click Academic Video Online. Alexander Street videos come up.
3. In the search box at the top, type the video’s title: Working with You Is Killing Me.
4. To play the video, click on its picture. (It should be the first box.) The video will begin.
1. Write a 3- to 4-page paper discussing the following terms as they relate specifically to your chosen scenario:
· Job satisfaction
· Attitudes toward management and co-workers
· Organizational and job commitment
· Absenteeism and turnover
1. One way to organize your paper is to divide it into sections. For example:
a. Introduction (The introduction does not need its own title. Use the title you selected for your paper, instead).
b. Job Satisfaction (heading)
c. Attitudes toward Managers and Co-Workers (heading)
d. Organizational and Job Commitment (heading)
e. Absenteeism and Turnover (heading)
1. In your paper make recommendations for change that Kelly and Sam, Sophia and Molly, and Ray and Victor should take to improve their own job satisfaction going forward.
2. Be sure to support your paper with at least 3 scholarly references from the background readings or from outside readings. Use specific examples from the video to illustrate your main points.
3. Remember to cite each source utilized to write your paper and include that source on your References page.
4. Upload your assignment to the Practice Dropbox. Review your TurnItIn Originality report. If the score is over 15%, your writing may be too similar to words of another author. Examine the Turnitin report carefully. You should look for ways to revise your work before submitting to the Case dropbox for grading.
The Case papers in this course will be evaluated using the criteria as stated in the Case rubric. The following is a review of the rubric criteria:
· Assignment Requirements: Does the essay directly address all aspects of the assignment? Have the assignment instructions been followed closely?
· Critical Thinking: Does the essay demonstrate a college level of analysis in which information derived from multiple sources has been critically evaluated and synthesized in the formulation of a logical set of conclusions? Does the paper demonstrate that the student has read, understood, and can apply the background materials for the module?
· Writing and Assignment Organization: Is the information logical, well organized, and well written? Are the grammar, spelling, and vocabulary appropriate for college-level work? Are section headings included? Are paraphrasing and synthesis of concepts the primary means of responding, or is justification/support instead conveyed through excessive use of direct quotations?
· Use of Sources and Mechanics: Does the paper demonstrate that the student has read, understood, and can apply the background materials for the module? If required, has the student demonstrated effective research, as evidenced by student’s use of relevant and quality sources? Does the student demonstrate understanding of a consistent (e.g., APA) style of referencing, by inclusion of proper citations (for paraphrased text and direct quotations) as appropriate? Are appropriate sources from the background material included? Have all sources cited in the paper been included on the References page?
· Timeliness: Has the assignment been submitted to the Dropbox on or before the module’s due date?
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteEdu. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Do you need help with this question?
Get assignment help from WriteEdu.com Paper Writing Website and forget about your problems.
WriteEdu provides custom & cheap essay writing 100% original, plagiarism free essays, assignments & dissertations.
With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.