06 Aug Nursing during an epidemic, pandemic or natural disaster across the country or around the globe You must use the PowerPoint presentation template provided? Presentation must be
TOPIC: Nursing during an epidemic, pandemic or natural disaster across the country or around the globe
- You must use the PowerPoint presentation template provided
- Presentation must be a minimum of 8 to 10 slides NOT including the title and reference slide.
- You are to create bullet points for each slide, not including the title and reference slides. Every slide must have a speaker noted in the note section of the power points with a minimum of 4-5 sentences addressing the bulleted items on the slide
- Include a minimum of 4-5 peer-reviewed research articles as references in the presentation. All research articles need to have been published within 5 years from today’s date. No blog, chat, other university or Wikipedia information allowed in presentation. The PowerPoint presentation must follow current APA style.
- Your presentation should include the following slides:
- Title slide
- Why the topic was chosen
- How your topic impacts nursing practice
- Current relevance of the topic
- Clinical Practice Integration
- Plan for lobbying: Describe in detail your plan for how you would lobby your legislators or local government for funding and support for your chosen current issue or trend.
- Reference slide
NURS 440 PowerPoint Template
* You may change the color & background and remember to include colorful, visual illustrations (i.e. data,
graphs, clip arts, embedded video etc…) appropriate to engage your audience!
Use this template to complete your presentation. You may change the color & background, but the following headings must remain:
Slide 1 – Title
Slide 2 – Why the Topic Was Chosen
Slide 3 – How the Topic Impacts Nursing
Slide 4 – Current Relevance
Slide 5 – Clinical Practice Integration
Slide 6 – Plan For Lobbying
Slide 7 – Conclusion
Slide 8 – References
Include speaker notes for each slide by including 4-5 sentences to address the bulleted items on each slide. Please follow APA style and include citations in your speaker notes.
Each slide should have an image.
1. Explain why you chose your topic, referring to assignment guidelines.
2. Why is this topic meaningful to you?
3. Provides full and complete Identification, definition, and description of topic,
background & why topic was chosen
Why The Topic Was Chosen
Look at assignment instructions for suggestions on choosing the topic. What made you choose this topic in the first place?
How The Topic Impacts Nursing Practice
Please show how your topic impacts nursing practice and/or patient care
How will the topic impact your role as a nurse in the nursing workforce or in the clinical setting?
Explain how the topic will impact your role as a nurse in nursing workforce or clinical setting.
Provide a full description of your topic
Describe how your chosen topic is relevant/current to nursing practice
Explain what makes this topic relevant to nursing. Why should nurses care about this issue?
Current Relevance (Cont’d)
1. Provide a critical analysis supported by evidence based practice that is credible and timely (i.e. data, graph, research, statistics).
Clinical Practice Integration
How your topic is integrated and used in clinical practice
Explain how the topic will be integrated and used in clinical practice
Plan for Lobbying
1. Describe in detail what and how you would lobby your legislators or local government for funding to support your topic.
(will you write a letter, social media, etc. include main points you will present to persuade funding)
2. What current or proposed legislation already exists that pertains to your topic?
Describe your plan on how you would lobby your legislators or local government for funding and support for your chosen issue/trend.
Plan for Lobbying (Cont’d)
Make insightful, clear and accurate connections to importance of
lobbying legislators & government
Show insight and comprehensive solutions/conclusions regarding your chosen topic
Summarize the key points
Include at least 4-5 research articles (Use WCU Online Library)
References need to be within the last 5 years
Do not include: blogs, chats, other universities, Wikipedia
Follow APA style
Include minimum 4-5 peer reviewed research articles as references in the presentation.
All articles must be within 5 years from today’s date.
No blog, chat, wikipedia, or other university information is allowed in presentation.
Directions for Submitting your Powerpoint
Open your PPT and go to “file” in top left corner.
Click “print” option. Make sure "print all slides" and "print slides with notes" is selected.
Go to “Save As” on the left hand side and be sure you save as a PDF.
Under your save as selection, click “more options”. Select the “Options” button and click the “Publish What” pull-down and then select “Notes Pages.” (If you click slides it will not show the speaker notes)
Complete your selection process by checking “Open file after publishing” and selecting the “Optimize for: ‘Standard’ and ‘Minimum Size’” choices.
Click on “Save” next to the “Tools” button at the bottom of the box.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteEdu. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Do you need help with this question?
Get assignment help from WriteEdu.com Paper Writing Website and forget about your problems.
WriteEdu provides custom & cheap essay writing 100% original, plagiarism free essays, assignments & dissertations.
With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.