22 Jun Short-Answer Questions
1. (1 pt.) What is your experience with coercive power– either as someone exerting this power or receiving this power? I’m particularly interested in hearing about what our author calls “implicit ad baculums” that can occur through subtle non-verbal cues (p.143). Why are these detrimental to critical thinking? What are ways in which you can attend to and counteract these types of coercive power — again, either as someone exerting this power or receiving this power?
2. (1 pt.) Describe how “Gretchen Brandt” behaved as a subject in the Milgram Experiment (pp. 144-5). What lessons can we learn about how to react to unreasonable commands from ‘legitimate authorities’?
3. (1 pt.) Describe someone who you think has some degree of ethotic power over you. Use the critical questions on p. 149 to decide whether or not you should use ethotic arguments with this person.
4. (1 pt.) Ask a question about A) the reading itself or B) how to apply the ideas from the reading to everyday life.
5. (2 pts.) Discuss how social media exercises referent power over you. If you don’t use social media, talk about how referent power is exercised over social media in general. Choose ONE particular discussion in Section 5.5 to inform your discussion and elaborate on it using your experience/observations (the influence of ad populum arguments, the effect on your engagement with democracy, the influence of social proof, the positive or negative effects on constructive dialogues, etc). What are things we can do to counteract the negative effects of referent power while using social media?
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteEdu. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Do you need help with this question?
Get assignment help from WriteEdu.com Paper Writing Website and forget about your problems.
WriteEdu provides custom & cheap essay writing 100% original, plagiarism free essays, assignments & dissertations.
With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.