15 May Social and Cultural Norms Overview In this assignment, you will argue a pro or con position involving
Social and Cultural Norms
In this assignment, you will argue a pro or con position involving minorities, women, or LGBTQ individuals given an audience with opposing views.Presenting stereotypes of minorities/women/LGBTQ individuals affects viewers’ conceptions of different groups.How do such skewed views affect real-life interactions with members of minority groups? Is there a difference among such genres as comedies, dramas, police procedurals, children’s shows, cartoons, and reality shows, in how marginalized people are portrayed? Can you cite any examples from your own experiences?The media should be trusted to provide the means to change people’s perceptions of minorities. Argue for or against this statement.
Your paper must outline specifically the nature of the problem and demonstrate critical thinking, sound logic, valid claims, personal passion, and credible support that is cited correctly. Write a three-page paper in which you:
- In the introduction, include a quote, question or statistic from your text and an overview of the three major points you will cover.
- Introduce your position with a thesis statement at the end of the first paragraph.
- Provide three major points to support your thesis statement (put each major point in a separate paragraph).
- Answer each of the sub-questions in at least one paragraph each.
- Wrap up your assignment with a strong conclusion in which you restate the points you made and supported.
- Organize arguments and support your claims effectively.
- Demonstrate personal passion for your position and critical thinking with persuasive language, sound logic, valid claims, and credible support for the claims.
- Provide three credible and reliable sources (in addition to the textbook) about current events, which have been published in the last five years and are cited correctly in the position paper.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title and the date. Include a source page to demonstrate understanding of the Strayer Writing Standards. The cover and source pages are not included in the required assignment page length. An Assignment 1 Sample [PDF] has been provided for your reference.
Strayer University LibraryThe specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Argue a pro or con position on a controversial topic considering an identified audience.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteEdu. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Do you need help with this question?
Get assignment help from WriteEdu.com Paper Writing Website and forget about your problems.
WriteEdu provides custom & cheap essay writing 100% original, plagiarism free essays, assignments & dissertations.
With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.