22 Jun Unit 8 Discussion: The Multi-Generational Workplace
Unit 8 Discussion: The Multi-Generational Workplace
For this discussion board:
· First, watch the two videos on generations in the workplace.
· Which generation (Traditionalist, Baby boomer, GenX, Millennial, iGen) do you belong to and which of the group’s characteristics are reflected in the way you approach work?
· In what ways do your generation’s characteristics influence how you communicate with others at work?
· How can you improve your communication with other generations at work?
· Respond to at least two classmates’ posts.
We would love to hear your feedback on this term! Please use the following questions as a guide to share your experiences:
· After having the opportunity to complete the course, what would you change and why?
· What topic particularly caught your interest and what do you want to know more about?
· Last, but not least, if you could share with the next class one piece of advice about this class, what would it be?
· Please note that this pertains to the class, the materials, flow/organization, etc.
Readings and Resources
Wood, J.T. (2017). Communication in our lives (8th ed.). Stamford, CT: Cengage.
· Chapter 8: Communication in Groups and Teams (pp. 149-165).
· Chapter 9: Communication in Organizations (pp. 169-185).
Articles, Websites, and Videos:
These videos discusses the five generations (traditionalist, baby boomer, Generation X, Millennial, and iGen) and its unique characteristics. An emphasis is placed on how to communicate with each in the workplace.
In this TEDx talk, Leah Georges discusses her research focused on multigenerational workforce.
Duration: 15:18 User: TEDx Talks – Added: 5/30/18
The following video is also on generational differences in the workplace, but from another perspective.
Duration: 14:25 User: n/a – Added: 6/26/18
***** Due by Friday @ 11:59p EST *****
Walt Disney created the Disney brand from humble beginnings based on his love of drawing and animation. Few brands monetize content better than the Walt Disney Company and has since expanded into a global entertainment and media brand, and recently, has a new leader at the helm.
Simulated Business Scenario:
Gabriel is the executive in charge who created and developed Disney’s ‘customer-for-life’ concept. This is based on the notion that as the child grows, Disney hopes to gain two brand loyalists: the parents and the child. Disney’s new CEO asked Gabriel to head up the new Disney+ streaming media brand. The CEO wants Gabriel to create a report which analyzes future marketing of the new Disney+ brand. You are on Gabriel’s team and he called a series of meetings to brainstorm the three items:
· How can Disney+ differentiate itself and all its franchises from competing rivals in the marketplace?
· What digital and social media marketing trends would you recommend that Disney+ implement to stay ahead of the competition?
We want to hear your opinions so please try to post more than the ABSOLUTE MINIMUM of 3 times in this weekly conversations. Here’s a set of recommendations:
· Try to post your initial post on Monday or Tuesday (no later than Wednesday)
· Try to post at least 2 responses (absolute minimum requirement) to other students on separate days of the week
· 1 on Thursday
· 1 on Friday
However, if you are interested being eligible for top grades… please consider entering a total of 5 (or more) contributions to the weekly conversations on separate days of the week!
After having the opportunity to complete the course, what would you change and why? What topic particularly caught your interest and what do you want to know more about? Last, but not least, if you could share with the next class one piece of advice about this class, what would it be? Please note that this pertains to the class, the materials, flow/organization, etc.
Thank you and good luck on your educational journey!
Readings and Resources
Articles, Websites, and Videos:
Marketing theory and practice has made significant advances over the years. This article reviews these developments in marketing strategy, consumer behavior, and marketing analytics.
· Sheth, J (Winter 2021). New areas of research in marketing strategy, consumer behavior, and marketing analytics: the future is bright . Journal of Marketing Theory & Practice. Winter2021, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p3-12. 10p.
This video from Think with Google, discusses what marketing will look like in 2030.
https://youtu.be/imjeJtl2tBg The future of digital marketing in 2021 and beyond.
https://youtu.be/DCp39Xhhlq8 This video shows how user-generated content (UGC) can benefit brands on social media.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteEdu. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Do you need help with this question?
Get assignment help from WriteEdu.com Paper Writing Website and forget about your problems.
WriteEdu provides custom & cheap essay writing 100% original, plagiarism free essays, assignments & dissertations.
With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.